NATIONAL DOUGHNUT WEEK 6TH – 13TH MAY 2017
The most delicious week of the year is fast approaching as the nation goes crazy for National Doughnut Week.
The week of fundraising has been running for 26 years, after being launched in 1991 by independent baker, Christopher Freeman. To get involved in the fun, simply purchase a delicious doughnut from a participating baker to raise money for The Children’s Trust, the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury.
Last year £22,783 was raised for the charity, with the help of 394 bakers, cafes and shops.
To prepare for you for the excitement, CSM has shared some its favourite crazy doughnut trends this year:
1. DOUGHNICORNS – Unicorn food is taking the nation by storm, with glitter, sprinkles and all things fantastical. These cute mythical doughnuts from @caperucitacupcakes are beautiful!
2. BOTANICAL INFUSIONS – 2017 is proving that savoury herbs and sweet things go hand in hand. Just check out these orange glazed doughnuts with sugared rosemary. Credit to www.lausundaycooks.com/delicious/orange-glased-doughn…
3. COOKIE DOUGH INDULGENCE – these doughnuts topped with fresh cookie dough are the ultimate dream. Thanks for the inspiration www.produceonparade.com/produce-on-parade/cookie-doug…
4. 3D CREATIONS – there’s a big trends for turning doughnuts into different shapes such as animals or other foods. These fruity doughnuts are great fun!
5. FREAKSHAKE MADNESS – everyone is going for mad for freakshakes, the ultimate in indulgence. And doughnuts are the perfect topper, why not create your own freakshake this National Doughnut Week using doughnuts from a participating baker? Thanks blog.lakeland.co.uk/freakshake/ for the photo!
For competitions, inspiration and delicious doughnuts follow National Doughnut Week on Facebook, @doughnutweek on Twitter and @nationaldoughnutweek on Instagram. #NationalDoughnutWeek
For more information visit the website National Doughnut Week
To find out more about The Children’s Trust visit www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk